Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brasstown Bald

At an elevation of 4,784 feet, Brasstown Bald is the highest point in Georgia.  *For some reason, I have never hiked to the top until a few weeks ago. You drive up the majority of the mountain, then walk a nice, paved 0.6 mile trail to the top. It's short, but very steep. There was a beautiful view, although somewhat cloudy. They say that on a clear day, you can see Atlanta from up there. Also, because of the elevation, they said the weather up there is more like that of Massachusetts than of Georgia.

*My mom informed me that I have hiked to the top, several times, when I was little.


All set to hike.


Chess did hike a good portion, but needed a little help from Daddy. A very strong and nice Daddy.


View from the top.


There is a little museum and video up there.








Attempted family photo.


This is at Pappy's - a little general store-type area near the mountain.



It was a very fun day trip. We have been loving getting out and hiking in this late summer/early fall weather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really, really like the flag picture.