I am loving the warm weather we are having. It got up in the 80's last week and it seemed that spring had passed us by. But it has cooled down a little and it is now perfect spring weather. I enjoy all seasons and I am so thankful to live in an area where we have four distinct seasons that are equally beautiful in their own ways. But, this recent heat has had me thinking about what I will miss about the winter. Now don't get me wrong, I like warm weather better, and I have about 100 or more things I love about the spring and summer. But for now, at the turn of the season, here are the things I will miss about the cold time of year:
1. Wearing my hair down. I can't stand to have my thick, heavy hair on my neck in the summer. It adds such a humid and sticky heat, so my hair is always up in the summer.
2. No ants in the kitchen. Yes, those little pests are already showing up in my house.
3. No other bugs to bug you. My girls have been running from bees all week.
4. The consistency of my butter. The butter in the butter dish is perfectly spreadable, yet firm at winter room temperature. Come summer, it practically melts off the dish.
5. No weeds in our yard. Okay, there's no grass either, but no weeds is a plus.
6. Cozy, good sleep. I love sleeping in a cool house with my warm, heavy, down comforter. With the house heated up, I can only stand a sheet on top of me and I have been sleeping terribly.
What will you miss? I have a lot of friends that would say, "Nothing! I hate the cold!"
Now, let's see at the end of summer if I have a longer list of things I will miss about the hot weather (I know one will be my girls' cute little legs and feet - they are so edible in their shorts)!