Friday, August 24, 2012

Trouble with Scissors

This is a true story about a little girl with a big personality.  Most of you (all 3 of you who read my blog) have probably heard this story from me or from facebook, so feel free to skip it.  It is going here for memory's sake, though.

While at a Joy School meeting at a friend's house, all the kids (about ten 1-5 year olds) were down in the basement playing.  Little did I know there were some big ole scissors on the craft table down there.  One of the moms got called down to help with a "monster," according to some of the little girls.


Is that the face of a monster? :)

That mom came upstairs hand-in-hand with my own little monster, Lera, looking like her hair got caught in a weed-wacker.



I covered my mouth and did a shrill but quiet scream that lasted about 30 seconds.  I picked my monster up and started feeling her hair (what was left of it) and couldn't help but cry a little.



Lots of chunks of hair came out as I examined the damage, not really knowing what to do.



Apparently, she found the scissors, went to town on her on hair (I'm thankful she didn't cut her ear off!) and then started trying to give out free hair-cuts to the other kids.



Some of the girls protected themselves by running away and telling.  One little boy put on a Darth Vadar helmet to guard his blonde locks.  One baby (almost 2-year-old) had a piece of hair missing on top (just a little, thank goodness).  And Chess let Lera take a big cut in the back of her hair before deciding she did not want a new style from the Hair School of Lera.



Oh my.  My spunky girl.  We had several long talks about NOT cutting hair EVER again.  She seems to understand and gets embarrassed whenever someone mentions it to her.



She got her very first professional haircut two days later.



The lady did a great job with what she had to work with.



The sides still have some chunks missing, but overall it is really cute, and you can hardly notice it.



Well, mostly.  :)

4 comments:

Kearl said...

Wow! Reading this post was a good combo of laughs and "oh no"s. She looks really good now, but WOW what a haircut. Wow! Giggle, giggle.

Heidi said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you! That is pretty funny, but I would probably cry a little about it too if it happened to my girls. Her haircut is super cute though!

Brittney said...

I hadn't heard how it all went down. What a crazy story, especially that she was trying to cut other people's hair as well.

Her hair really does look so cute now though.

Whitmire Family said...

awww, Lera is no monster! I'm glad that it was fixable and like you said, thankful she didn't hurt herself or anyone else!