Monday, November 29, 2010

Darby Update

Our fundraisers are all over now.  The total of donations received and money raised through the Dollars for Darby fundraisers is currently $17,693.  I am amazed.  That is a number I didn't think we would be able to reach.  So many people have given of their time, money, prayers, and more.  I have grown and learned so much from watching the people around me being selfless and giving.  Thank you to everyone and especially the awesome women I have been working with behind the scenes.  You are all an inspiration to me.

Now, to update you on Darby's status.  Her chemotherapy treatments are all done, but unfortunately, some of her test results came back still showing some leukemia in her system.  The doctors are not sure what their plan of action will be.  Read Lindsey's full explanation here.  Please continue to keep Darby and her family in your prayers.  They are not finished with this battle yet.

You can still donate, if you wish, at dollarsfordarby.blogspot.com.

Here are a few pictures from our events:


The team, counting cash for Darby.


The Farnsworths, after learning how much money we raised at the yard sale.


Melony and I, behind the counter at Rita's.


Darby and her mom, enjoying some ice cream.

No comments: