Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas-y Items


After seeing the idea on pinterest, I made this box out of an old wipes box.  I needed somewhere special to put our Christmas books, and I didn't want to buy a decorative storage box or basket for $15+, so this is how mine turned out.  I love it!  See the original idea here.


I spied some mistletoe growing in our bradford pear tree a little while back.  Since it is a parasite and all, I went ahead and chopped that thing off and decorated my home with it!


These little sock advents were everywhere last year.  So after Christmas, I got lucky at Target's dollar section b/c the socks were 75% off.  12 pairs of socks for $4?  Yes, please.  I simply put scripture cards, each telling part of the Christmas story, in the socks.  The girls love picking the sock each night.  And Chess is really noticing how close we are getting to number 24!


I made Chess a comfy sweatshirt dress.  I used a little dress she already has as a pattern.


These trees were a perfect craft the my girls' ages.  Chess did most of the cutting herself, and both girls glued their tissue paper pieces on by themselves.  They love seeing the light shine through their trees.


I saw these adorable mice on Martha Stewart's website.  I made them for the kids in my nursery class at church.  My favorite is the light blue/gray one.

1 comment:

libbysupermom said...

All very cute ideas! I love the box for the Christmas books and the little mice, but I must say my favorite idea is with the socks!! Very smart!! You are such a crafty young lady! Love you!