Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crayons and Paper

I love having a toddler who is getting more into arts and crafts. Not a day goes by where Chess doesn't ask for "cayons-paper" to color. We have done crayons, markers, pens, paints, stamps, glue, and noodle necklaces (fyi: Crayons come off a wooden table with elbow grease, but pen does not - any tips on that?).


I learned to draw Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird pretty well.


This is one of our first times coloring with the big paper underneath, which slides around like crazy. We learned to use painters' tape (like in the pictures below) to hold it down. It doesn't leave a sticky residue or tear anything up.


Pill boxes make great paint holders.


making Daddy's Valentine with a potato stamp


Plastic yarn needles are so much fun for toddlers. They are totally worth the $1.24 I spent on them. Chess loved threading the noodles and got to practice fine motor skills without getting frustrated.


the finished product

Thanks, Amy, for the roll of paper! It has been extremely useful.

4 comments:

libbysupermom said...

That is awesome! I am glad Chess likes the arts!! I can get her some water colors--now, that I know she likes them!
Love the macaroni necklace!!!
Great job Ali and Chess!!!!

Whitmire Family said...

cute, it's fun when they get a little more coordinated and are able to do crafts. I am glad you can use the roll of paper! Love y'all!

The Saxton's said...

Haha, does Chess want to color with crayons or do you? Nice drawings Ali!

Heidi said...

For the pen, try magic eraser. Maddy loves art too, but I haven't ventured past crayons and markers... I'm scared :) Chess is such a cutie.