Friday, July 16, 2010

First Visit to Babyland General

I grew up going to Babyland General, home of the Cabbage Patch Kids. It was in a little, quaint building that used to be a real hospital back in the day. But last year they upgraded to a new, plantation-style building. We went a few weeks ago for the first time. I am sad my girls never got to go the old building that I went to growing up, with its indoor bridge and wishing well, or the outdoor garden with Cabbage Patch Kid cut-outs to take your picture with, and the little hallway where it's Christmas year-round. The new one is nice, although it's mostly a humongous, glorified gift shop. We had fun and enjoyed watching a baby being "born."




Chess brought along her own CPK baby.


She had fun placing her baby among all of the baby's long lost relatives.






Our delivery doctor, Doogie Howser.


The cutest baby doll I ever did see.


If you looked fast, you might really think she was a doll. Look at those pinched lips!


Funny or creepy...you decide.


Blurry, but so cute.


Rocking on the front porch.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Wow! I didn't know they moved...i miss the old place:(

The Saxton's said...

I'm not creepy, I was trying to get Chess to sit with all the dolls... -_-

libbysupermom said...

Awesome pics Ali!! I love the pic of Andrea, not funny or creepy...just sweet! The one of Lera with pinched lips is awesome...she looks just like a cabbage patch baby!